Complex wetting Phenomena (CoWet) is a supra-disciplinary project aiming at bridging the gap between industrially relevant processes involving complex fluid-solid interactions and the resolution experiments, as well as physically sound modeling and direct computer simulations.
The young researchers will be trained to study the systems of practical importance rather than focusing on model systems only. They learn the cutting edge scientific methodology and application technology from an industrial perspective.
The positions are available starting from January 1, 2014. The policy of equal opportunities will be followed during the recruitment.
Please send applications including CV, motivation letter and transcript of academic records to Dr. Tatiana Gambaryan-Roisman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Thodoris Karapantsios (email@example.com). Identify up to three projects, in order of preferences. If you are interested in a specific project, please send your application directly to the scientist in charge.
Early-stage researchers (ESRs) shall at the time of recruitment by the host organisation be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree.
Experienced researchers (ERs) shall at the time of recruitment by the host organisation be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. In ITN, experienced researchers shall also, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, have less than five years experience of full-time equivalent research experience.
Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
At the time of of recruitment by the host organisation researchers shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
Most recent blog entries tagged with "Open Positions"
- The Early Stage Researcher (ESR): Wetting and electrokinetic properties of solid supported lipid layers - Emil Chibowski, Friday, 9 January 2015, 4:32 PM
- Marie Curie Early Stage Research Student: interfacial tension and surfactant stabilisation during membrane emulsification - Richard Holdich, Friday, 13 December 2013, 6:49 PM
- Marie Curie Experienced Researcher: WETTING, SPREADING AND EVAPORATION OF COMPLEX FLUIDS - Ramón G. Rubio, Friday, 8 November 2013, 1:02 PM
- Marie Curie Early Stage Research Student: INTERFACIAL RHEOLOGY OF POLYMERS AND SURFACTANT SOLUTIONS AND NANOPARTICLE SUSPENSIONS - Ramón G. Rubio, Friday, 8 November 2013, 1:00 PM
- Position Filled: Experimental investigation on dynamic wetting of soluble or deformable substrates - Elmar Bonaccurso, Monday, 15 September 2014, 1:10 PM
- Position filled: Numerical simulations of flow driven by wettability - Ilia Roisman, Thursday, 27 February 2014, 9:04 PM